First text of the Intro Scenario

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
madaxeman
Soldat

First text of the Intro Scenario

Message par madaxeman » lun. 25 mai 2020 21:42

Having spent ages in Lockdown painting my 10mm Napoleonic French army, I have been keen to give the Bataille Empire rules a bit of a go.

This was the beginners scenario, with two smallish equal forces attacking each other across simple terrain which is intended to give players a chance to learn the basics of movement and combat before moving onto bigger games and adding the all-important "orders" layer to the game. The game was set up on a standard ADLG 80-120 mat, and I used 30mm MU move distances using some sticks I'd made from 30mm electrical spacers, and my units are a mix of 30mm and 40mm base widths - which seemed to cause no problem at all

All in all I'm pleased to report that the mechanics flowed pretty clearly and allowed me to push lead around without too much head-scratching, to roll some dice and generate some outcomes.

This was my very first time shoving Napoleonic lead around at all, so I mostly learnt that there is more to this lark than Ancients with more complicated uniforms - it's certainly a very different feel, with different mechanics built on the same fundamental D6-based engine as ADLG. All in all an encouraging start and proof that my 10mm painting frenzy has not been wasted.

The full photogenic rules walk-through is now online at https://www.madaxeman.com/reports/Batai ... 2020_1.php

gibbyj
Adjudant

Re: First text of the Intro Scenario

Message par gibbyj » mar. 26 mai 2020 09:10

Welcome aboard.
cheers
Jim

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » mar. 26 mai 2020 11:44

Nice to read your report. We were finding there was quite a lot of flicking through the rule book. It does have some layout issues. However, looks to be the best set of popular rules and we are sticking with them.

gibbyj
Adjudant

Message par gibbyj » mar. 26 mai 2020 12:23

Yep, I agree. There's a learning curve to come with some of the straight forward mechanisms.

madaxeman
Soldat

Message par madaxeman » ven. 29 mai 2020 15:52

It's a lot harder when you've never played any Napoleonics at all :lol:

This week on the Madaxeman Podcast however the rest of the guys are trying to fix that with the start of a new regular feature to try and teach me about the Napoleonic Wars

https://madaxeman.podbean.com/e/the-loc ... s-part-10/

Répondre