C-in-C and the Reserve question Pt II

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

C-in-C and the Reserve question Pt II

Message par viperofmilan » sam. 5 sept. 2020 17:54

Is there a limit to how many artillery units can be in the Artillery Reserve?

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Re: C-in-C and the Reserve question Pt II

Message par Adrian Steer » dim. 6 sept. 2020 20:58

Depends on how many artillery units they are allowed as per page 104 and the quality of the general page 67. I believe that units in reserve still count against the armies total allowed

viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Message par viperofmilan » lun. 7 sept. 2020 21:47

Thanks for the reply, but I'm afraid I do not understand what you are telling me Adrian. Can you elaborate with an example?

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » mar. 8 sept. 2020 10:00

on page 104 say for french you are allowed 1/5 th of the units as artillery batteries. so if you have a total of 15 units in the army including the artillery you can have a maximum of three artillery units. Say the C in C is competent that allows you to put two of the three artillery into the reserve ( see page 67 reserve points). This may be further reduced by what you are actually allowed to put into the reserve for instance the Armee du Centre et de Moselle ( page 172) only allows a maximum of one foot battery in the reserve!

viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Message par viperofmilan » mar. 8 sept. 2020 23:38

OK, so the overriding consideration is the individual commanders rating: i.e. all other considerations being equal, a competent commander can never select and/or command more than 2 artillery units for the reserve. That number will go down to the extent he selects non-artillery units from the array available in the Reserve section of the particular list since he cannot command non-artillery units directly in the army reserve. Have I got this right?

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » mer. 9 sept. 2020 15:51

Yes sounds about right to me. Pity we're not allowed out to play any more. I tend to pick up a lot more on the rules playing in competitions, maybe next year!

Répondre