Multiple Questions

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
alberto
Chasseur

Multiple Questions

Message par alberto » ven. 25 sept. 2020 11:45

Hi , after one weekend at our Club I have the follow questions :

1) The CinC give a bonus for iniative when determining which division is the first to move : If the die roll is a Tie , the CP spent add the bonus for all the subsequent roll or I must spend a new CP from CinC ?
2) The artillery Fire and then limber with the -1 to Fire . It is Possible shoot in the Preparatory fire ( without the stationary +1) and then prolong ?
3)Cuirass : the modifiers for the Cuirass is in the Charge or Countercharge section . If the Cavalry stand in place and not countercharge , the bonus is applicable ?
4) Which are the penalty for a disordered Unit ? ( no charge or Countercharge , only Flee ) and the penelty Modifiers in the defender section (* zero if disordered ) is only for Infantry ?
5 ) the retreat after a loose shock could send units out of the table ? and the Flee ?

Thanks to all for the patience

Alberto

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Re: Multiple Questions

Message par Adrian Steer » dim. 4 oct. 2020 16:04

These are my views on the questions above
1 Bonus carries over
2 page 29 it says Artillery with an action marker may not move and you should have an action marker. Don't know what else this would refer to as you pointed out they can move if they limber. However its as clear as mud so if you can combine a limber with unlimber with firing it is far less difficult to prolong after firing so in that context would seem reasonable. So in summary the rules say not but I wouldn't think its unreasonable.
3 page 58 says it counts if stationary,( though why they would be seems a bit unlikely)
4 Infantry or cavalry can't charge or countercharge. You can stand in place or flee page 44 attacker gets a +2 defender has basic factor of zero.
5 not sure what the question is but if your asking about what happens to units that flee off table they are eliminated page 45.
Cheers
adrian

babyshark
Soldat

Message par babyshark » dim. 4 oct. 2020 21:07

alberto a écrit :
ven. 25 sept. 2020 11:45

5 ) the retreat after a loose shock could send units out of the table ? and the Flee ?
One of the bullet points on P60 says that units that leave the table are lost. It does not distinguish between units going off table as the result of a retreat or flee, so both reasons lead to a lost unit.

Marc

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » sam. 10 oct. 2020 19:51

yes that would be my view as well. Strangely enough I can't see anything that stops pursuers going off table in certain circumstances as well!
I'll continue to check the rules

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » sam. 10 oct. 2020 20:19

I think this may be one of those cases at looking at what it doesn't say. can see anywhere where it says anybody except people fleeing or retreating go off table so I guess they treat the table edge as an obstacle and just turn to avoid if you can't do by a 45° wheel. It does say that troops that withdraw can't go off table but that's all I could see.
Anybody else got view on this?

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » sam. 10 oct. 2020 22:26

I cannot see anything in the rules about pursuers leaving the table or not. It would seem to me undesirable for them to leave. It might lead to some very dubious tactics of leaving units at the table edge hoping the enemy will charge and pursue off table.

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » dim. 11 oct. 2020 18:08

Yes bit funny it doesn't mention it as you can't charge/pursue off the table in ADLG just presume you just stop at the table edge in a similar fashion. Evades count as lost

Répondre