Email Contact from Forum?

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
Eclaireur
Soldat

Email Contact from Forum?

Message par Eclaireur » mar. 23 mars 2021 01:24

I'm always dubious about emails arriving out of the blue, what with data leaks and ID fraud and, while I suspect this mail is genuine I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of it is? It might have been an idea to post something here regarding the contact. The mail was from Frederic Turpin:

Bonjour,

En parcourant le forum Bataille Empire pour lequel je suis administrateur depuis peu je suis tombé sur ton profil "Eclaireur".

Je me permets de te contacter sur ton mail pour savoir si tu joues ou si tu avais l'intention de jouer à Bataille Empire ?

Avec Olivier que j'ai mis en copie nous aidons officiellement au développement de la règle et c'est dans ce cadre que je te contacte pour en savoir plus.

Amitiés

Frédéric TURPIN

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Re: Email Contact from Forum?

Message par zeitoun » mar. 23 mars 2021 13:50

Hi Eclaireur,

Frederic Turpin and I ( Olivier Marceau) are currently administrating the forum of BE, and we contact all the french players to know which one are still in action with BE.

I think that your pseudo , confused Frederic , as he thought you are a french player. :lol: :lol:

Regards
Olivier M
Cordialement

Olivier M

Eclaireur
Soldat

Re: Email Contact from Forum?

Message par Eclaireur » mar. 23 mars 2021 22:40

Ah OK, thanks, no problem. Yes it's a deliberate smoke and mirrors tactic LOL :lol: :lol: Actually it's a hangover from the days I played General de Brigade (15 years ago - time flies!) and my user name on those forums. I lived in France for several years before relocating to the always-on summer of SE Asia :)

Répondre