Alternative Army List Program

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Alternative Army List Program

Message par RogerGreenwood » lun. 17 mai 2021 19:21

If you would like an alternative to the spreadsheet to create your army lists, I have created a Windows program for BE players.
Copy the link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hinsmlyjfqwr ... IK3ua?dl=0
into your browser.
Download the zip file and extract all the files into a folder. The 'exe' file is, of course, the program. You might wish to read the user guide. It has a quick guide to how to use the program.
I will try to answer any queries here, but please try the user guide first! :D
Modifié en dernier par RogerGreenwood le mar. 15 févr. 2022 14:30, modifié 1 fois.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: Alternative Army List Program

Message par RogerGreenwood » jeu. 17 juin 2021 12:28

An updated version of the program is now available from the link in the original post. A few user suggestions have been incorporated and the 'copy to file' bug is now fixed.
For those who have not yet tried the program it has the following features:
  • Easy addition and editing of units.
  • Drag and drop to move units from one command to another (or just make the list pretty!)
  • As well as saving lists, separate files of units can be saved. These can be loaded as a 'clipboard' and with a single click added to the army list (or vice versa). Build a list of your units and commanders then easily build an army with simple mouse clicks.
  • A reminder of how many units per battery are in the list to help keep to the national limits.
  • Unit count, initiative etc. are all in one panel to make list details easy to view.
  • Skirmisher value (SK0 etc.) only show for infantry units.
  • Abilities are only shown for the selected troop types, no scrolling through a long list.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » jeu. 1 juil. 2021 15:44

One (small) bug has been corrected. The status of skirmishers does not now affect the cohesion value.
Sorry to all those with British armies using elite skirmishers.
:oops:
The link in the first post is still correct. You can safely ignore the warnings about 'very few users' and 'potentially unsafe' that some virus checkers are throwing up.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » mar. 15 févr. 2022 14:16

The army list program has been given a minor upgrade to include shrapnel for artillery. Unfortunately the link is changed. The following link will take you to the download from Dropbox.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hinsmlyjfqwr ... IK3ua?dl=0

For this who only want to upgrade, just replace the BEAbilityPoints.xml points file with the new one from the zip file.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » sam. 27 août 2022 14:17

My collegue Adrian is heading to Poitier for the tournament to try the new rule changes. I have added the new points costs to the army list program. There are two xml files that have changed. I have renamed the others '...original.xml'.
Unfortunately any saved lists will not automatically update with the new points. By editing each line it will recalculate the values. E.g. edit the command line for a general from ordinary to poor, then back to ordinary again, accept the change and it will update.
Or just create a new list. It is still easier than using the official spreadsheet.😆

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » sam. 10 sept. 2022 16:50

The same link will now give you two options for the army list program.
Version 2 has font changes that are working better on my new Windows 11 PC.
Points XML files are included for the new points values being trialed at the Poitiers event. (The original ones are still there. Just rename the files if you wish to use the original points files. E.g. change the current file names of the points details and ability points to something new and remove the '- old' from the two file names.)

The new version will automatically convert any army lists and unit lists to those of the points value files in use when the lists are loaded.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » mer. 30 nov. 2022 11:17

The Army List Generator has now been updated to use the points values used in the Ballainvilliers competition.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » lun. 1 mai 2023 12:38

If anyone still reads these posts...
My alternative army list generator has had a few more changes:
The problem that caused the army title and player name not to print on some lap tops has been resolved.
The bottom line of the final entry should now be visible on printing.
There is now a single version available via the link. It uses the points and calculations from the Alcoy competition which we suspect will be used in version 2 of the rules.
When version 2 is published the program will be upgraded in a short time to reflect any changes.

It appears the Norton anti-virus program thinks the file is dodgy because not a lot of people use it. I have had to change the extension to .zip on the downloaded file before it will unzip. After that I have had to use 'exclude from process' on some Norton interventions. Sorry about this, but these are things beyond my control. The program is perfectly safe to use on any computer with .net installed. Norton and sometimes Microsoft appear to be getting over zealous in their attempts to protect users.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » jeu. 15 juin 2023 10:16

The Alternative Army List Program has now been upgraded to comply with version 2 of the Bataille Empire rules.

The 'BE Army List Program for version2.zip' file can be accessed from drop box using the link in the original post in this topic:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/BE%20Army% ... sion+2.zip

Follow the link/paste the above into a browser.

Unfortunately Windows 11 still insists this is a worrying download and changes the file extension (the bit at the end). Change the extension back to .zip or rename the whole thing back to 'BE Army List Program for version2.zip stick it in a new folder and extract the whole zip file there.
The instruction file will explain the rest.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » mar. 3 oct. 2023 10:21

I have created a video, available on YouTube, showing how to find, download, set up and use this program.
https://youtu.be/LMOPMdwRikk?feature=shared.

Répondre