Rule Priority

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Rule Priority

Message par RogerGreenwood » mer. 15 sept. 2021 08:13

Suppose an SK1 unit has an enemy directly ahead and just outside volley range at 2UD. Another unit is facing a friend next to it but just inside 2UD. (I.e. Two units face two enemy, side by side but one enemy is slightly closer.)
A) The priority target is the one directly ahead, but only in skirmisher range. It shoots ahead.
B) A unit cannot refuse to volley fire if it can do. It adds +1 supporting fire to its friend at the side.

A or B? Does volley fire overrides target priority?

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Re: Rule Priority

Message par zeitoun » mer. 15 sept. 2021 09:16

Hi Roger,

for me, Target priority refer first to effective range( like artillery) then if same range, straight ahead.

So Yes you MUST made a volley fire before a Skrimish fire. But to give a fire support, you must have the same target priority. So if the 2 ennemy units are out of volley range from the SK, the SK must fire straight ahead.

And i'm surprised that the SK is 2UD closer from a formed unit except if it is in a wood or building. :)

Regards
Cordialement

Olivier M

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » mer. 15 sept. 2021 12:40

The SK1 unit is line infantry. I included the SK1 to mean it has skirmisher fire ability.
Firing straight ahead would be skirmisher fire. Firing to one side would be by volley fire. Do you see the issue? Target priority states straight ahead fire but units must volley fire if they can.

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Message par zeitoun » mer. 15 sept. 2021 16:49

Hi Roger,

i see. So for me effective range is still the priority as firing at volley range is mandatory.

But i agree, we need a confirmation for that point.

I think that priority rules must be the same for artillery and infantry to keep the rules as simple as possible.

I will check with Hervé.
Cordialement

Olivier M

Répondre