Movement of detached skirmishers

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Movement of detached skirmishers

Message par Adrian Steer » dim. 2 janv. 2022 14:12

I was wondering how people moved detached skirmishers, in our group we've agreed that skirmishers can move in any direction so long as none of the base moves further than the movement allowance but in view of a competition coming up thought I would check how other people are interpreting the movement of skirmishers section of the rules as they do tend to skip round the table. The first bullet point on page 66 says they can change their orientation without any movement penalty however how is this achieved? do they follow the same procedures as for other troops re-orientating? (page 38) i.e they spin on the mid point and then readjust to keep the distance the same from the nearest unit and are they allowed to do a quarter turn ? This may seem a bit trivial but bear in mind that skirmishers must keep outside of 2UD of formed troops hence may end up moving considerably further if they are going round a corner. Anyway just interested to hear how other people play moving skirmishers.

Hazelbark
Adjudant

Re: Movement of detached skirmishers

Message par Hazelbark » jeu. 3 févr. 2022 20:40

I think you have it right as the general consensus.

Yes they can 1/4 turn but I would still apply your limit on not exceeding their overall move distance further corner to present position.

Répondre