hidden troops

Ask a question about rules
Adrian Steer
Capitaine

hidden troops

Message par Adrian Steer » dim. 9 janv. 2022 13:54

Do hidden troops have to be within command distance when defined on the battle plan?

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: hidden troops

Message par RogerGreenwood » dim. 9 janv. 2022 17:33

I see no exceptions allowing for hidden troops being permitted outside the 12x6 ud deployment area.

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Message par zeitoun » dim. 9 janv. 2022 21:39

RogerGreenwood a écrit :
dim. 9 janv. 2022 17:33
I see no exceptions allowing for hidden troops being permitted outside the 12x6 ud deployment area.
Garrison could be an exception.. p80
Cordialement

Olivier M

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » lun. 10 janv. 2022 15:56

Yes I believe its possible to hide troops who are in garrison, however they have hold orders. With regard other hidden troops it just says that they must be in the deployment area however this seems likely to be the old "use of the same word" for different meanings as it says in an assault battle hidden markers can be placed in the defenders entire table half with no reference that it has to be in command or in a 12*6UD division deployment area. However it doesn't say what its orders are, all in all comes across as a bit of an afterthought.

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Message par zeitoun » lun. 10 janv. 2022 17:25

You're right. It's not very clear.

For me two solutions :

we accept (as it's possible for garrison, why it could be different for other hiding units) except that this unit should be out of command.

Or

we argue that it's not possible. It must be in the division deployment area.

i have no idea for this as i never play with hiding troups.

What do you think it's the best way?

regards
Cordialement

Olivier M

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » lun. 10 janv. 2022 22:20

Yes its a bit of a puzzle, looking at the words in the english version it implies that you can deploy them in any part of the army deployment area ( hence half the table for the defender in an assault battle pg 79) however what then happens when they are revealed do they revert to the order of the relevant division, even they are in the initial divisional deployment they may be out of command when they are revealed? All a bit of a puzzle really, hidden troops are a useful tactic in ADLG and good at slowing attacking troops down. However in BE they are not defined nearly as well, could do with some TLC from Herve!

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Message par zeitoun » mar. 11 janv. 2022 09:24

Hi Adrian,

just to be sure..

Units of the same division have the same ORDER, but units in GARRISON, ACT as they've got a HOLD order.

exemple : i've got 3 units of infantry + one infantry unit in garrison and 1 artillery. This division has an Attack Order. So to respect the Attack order, i need only 2 units and not 3 as the one in garrison act as an Hold Order.
But when i activate my division , i activate ALL the units, including those in garrison. ( firing and so on) . Units in garrison also never count as OUTOFF ORDER for the prupose of Moral test or fighting bonus, but if you want give some PC to act, it could be OUTOFF ORDER.

I'm not waiting the Hold order turn to activate this unit.

So for me it's the same for the Hiding troups.

So Hidding troups not in garrison , have the same order as their division. it cannot have another one.

Are we agree for that ?

I realise that it not solved the issue for the deployment area. But i want to be sure there is no misunderstanding for order resolution.
Cordialement

Olivier M

gibbyj
Adjudant

Message par gibbyj » mar. 11 janv. 2022 12:14

Surely the deployment area is as per p79. Maximum 12 ud wide by 6 ud deep(8 if skirmisher).
If its attack/defend this recatangle can be up to half way on the table. Any hidden units have to be in the rectangle and follow the orders given for the division.
cheers
Jim

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Message par zeitoun » mar. 11 janv. 2022 14:26

gibbyj a écrit :
mar. 11 janv. 2022 12:14
Surely the deployment area is as per p79. Maximum 12 ud wide by 6 ud deep(8 if skirmisher).
If its attack/defend this recatangle can be up to half way on the table. Any hidden units have to be in the rectangle and follow the orders given for the division.
cheers
Jim
Hi Jim , happy to see you again.

agree except for garrison. So except for hiding units in garrison... :lol: :lol:

Regards.
Cordialement

Olivier M

gibbyj
Adjudant

Message par gibbyj » mar. 11 janv. 2022 15:01

Well of course, happy to see you again. Might have popped over to Chaniers if C19 rules hadn't been so harsh.

And of course yes to Garrison exception
cheers
Jim

Répondre