Gentle Hill objectives

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Gentle Hill objectives

Message par Adrian Steer » dim. 30 janv. 2022 21:51

Played my first few games this weekend ( and a joy good time was had by all) using objectives and was a bit puzzled by the capturing of objectives on a gentle hill. On a gentle hill there is a plateau hence am I right in understanding that anywhere on the plateau is the top of the hill? We found its perfectly possible for people to capture the objective and be invisible to the troops below because they weren't within 1UD of the edge. Although the stated philosophy is that people who have captured a hill are visible by people on the ground, except the british who can hide behind the ridgeline. Does this mean the brits cower on the edge of the hill on the rear of the hill below the plateau. Be interested how other people interpret this. Whilst from a geographical point of view I can understand the plateau concept from a gameplay point of view it certainly throws up a few weird situations! :?

fdunadan
Capitaine

Re: Gentle Hill objectives

Message par fdunadan » lun. 31 janv. 2022 17:28

Use the center of the plateau as objective. You need to actually pass or occupy this point to claim the objective.

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » lun. 31 janv. 2022 19:46

Thinking about it, the clarifications have removed the visibility rules and only stipulated is that you must have a line of sight which is only blocked by being behind behind a hill or building so troops on hills are visible to all. Unless you guys can think otherwise? :D This may explain why British troops behind a hill control any objective on it.

Hazelbark
Adjudant

Message par Hazelbark » jeu. 3 févr. 2022 21:01

Well first, remember that it was very kind of the French author to write special rules for the British. I mean that cross cultural sensitivity deserves an award.

I agree read the "top of the hill" as the center for objective locations.

Répondre