Prussian in Saxony Summer 1813 list

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
KeefM
Sergent Major

Prussian in Saxony Summer 1813 list

Message par KeefM » mer. 8 juin 2022 07:52

Are the infantry brigades in this list the most permissive allowed in all the army lists ?

In this list you can field an "infantry brigade" containing no infantry at all. Indeed, there are no minimums required of any kind.

Don't get me wrong, as a wielder of these very Prussians myself, this complete flexibility suits me just fine :-) ...

However, I can't help but feel that the infantry brigade in this list really does need either a minimum inserting into it OR an army list condition that says that an infantry brigade must contain at least as many infantry units as cavalry units. After all, the immediately preceding and following Prussian lists (Spring 1813 and 1814) do both have minimums included for infantry brigades; what was it that happened in the Summer of 1813 that meant Prussian infantry brigades could suddenly field no actual infantry ?

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: Prussian in Saxony Summer 1813 list

Message par RogerGreenwood » mer. 8 juin 2022 08:19

I have not thought of trying that one :D

KeefM
Sergent Major

Re: Prussian in Saxony Summer 1813 list

Message par KeefM » jeu. 9 juin 2022 08:57

It seems wrong to be able to bring an "infantry" brigade comprising 1 x Hussar and 1 x LW cavalry unit instead of a Cavalry Brigade with more restrictive choices.

Répondre