great videos on YouTube

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
KeefM
Sergent Major

great videos on YouTube

Message par KeefM » ven. 9 juin 2023 21:21

Congrats and thanks to Roger for posting these two videos ... it is great to see <short> video clips of games !!

The first of the two is here covering a game in Spain: https://youtu.be/3PEorEsPzK8 ... and the 2nd links off that for a game in Russia.

Nice !!

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: great videos on YouTube

Message par RogerGreenwood » ven. 9 juin 2023 21:25

Thanks, these are my first attempts at making videos of any type. The production quality is not great, but I think the spirit of the game comes across.

KeefM
Sergent Major

Message par KeefM » ven. 16 juin 2023 05:34

Well, that's as maybe, Roger ... but excellent nonetheless.

BE is a hard game to describe to folk cos of the myriad nested game features: orders x PiPs x reaction moves x opportunity charges.

Trying to wrap up a video game report in under 8 minutes AND still covering not only the main features of the specific game, but also covering the nuances of BE is a CLASSY piece of work 8-) :D !!

Eclaireur
Soldat

Message par Eclaireur » mer. 28 juin 2023 06:13

Great videos. Not sure if it's intentional (or even if it's just something my end) but the video has been classified as "Content made for Kids" and as such it can't be saved to a playlist of "Watch Later".

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » mer. 28 juin 2023 09:32

My first attempt at putting a video on YouTube. There seemed to be only two options. I didn't think this was "adult content". That would give entirely the wrong impression.

KeefM
Sergent Major

Message par KeefM » ven. 15 sept. 2023 19:36

The additional two videos you have just posted, are every bit as good !!

Thank you for your continuing efforts with these !!

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » sam. 16 sept. 2023 20:09

Pleased that you like them. The battles will be as interesting as the players make them.
(Given some of their comments while playing i will continue to just add my own commentary 😄).

KeefM
Sergent Major

Message par KeefM » sam. 16 sept. 2023 22:38

Actual in-game banter/language is always a risk with gamers :D ...

To date the best I have come up with showing off BE games is a turn-by-turn photo sequencing to show the passage of a game. But that conceals the activation-by-activation nuances of BE. Usually, I just send those around a few other BE players via WhatsApp cos of the dilemma of uploading photos to this forum.

Keep up the great work ... it is always fascinating to see how others interpret their approaches to what makes for effect playing the of the game. Around our wee group, each of us has come up with our preferred playing approaches. And, based on some of the playing lists you-all are using, we are adopting a differing view as to what works !

I did rather like Huw's Russians in Balkans list ... it is sure tough with all those veteran Russkies being able to force firefight morale tests almost with impunity and thereby effectively outshooting other armies. Loved it !! But having only two commands, it has proved quite vulnerable in Encounter, Refused Flank, Assault and Surprise game scenarios.

Am thinking there is room for a forum post about our thinking to BE games ...

Anyhows, good gaming !!!

Répondre