Impetuous Cavalry

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
Major Bennet
Soldat

Impetuous Cavalry

Message par Major Bennet » lun. 7 août 2023 17:14

Hi, As a British player, my cavalry is impetuous and during games since v2, when on the rare occasion I will a combat, the discussion has been do my cavalry automatically pursue, my reading of the rules, or only when allowed to by the combat results. That is if I will by a defeat, I don’t pursue. Is this a correct interpretation of the rules as intended?

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Re: Impetuous Cavalry

Message par Adrian Steer » mar. 8 août 2023 17:48

Yes you can only pursue if the combat result allows a pursuit ( win with either Routed or Eliminated result against cavalry but a simple win against infantry or artillery) however you can't do a control test to avoid perusing so be prepared to head off into the wide blue yonder!

Major Bennet
Soldat

Message par Major Bennet » mer. 9 août 2023 15:03

Hi, that is the way we have played it, although it contradicts page 19, Impetuous cavalry is always compelled to pursue after a victorious shock. I would say a victorious shock is anything other than a melee result.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » jeu. 10 août 2023 10:29

Cavalry that wins a melee against infantry turns the result to a rout and can pursue.
Against cavalry, cavalry need to win by 4 points to get a routed result to enable pursuit.

Hazelbark
Adjudant

Message par Hazelbark » lun. 27 nov. 2023 18:47

Major Bennet a écrit :
mer. 9 août 2023 15:03
Hi, that is the way we have played it, although it contradicts page 19, Impetuous cavalry is always compelled to pursue after a victorious shock. I would say a victorious shock is anything other than a melee result.
To quote another. The Rule writing structure is broad principle first, with exceptions later. So don't assume the broad principle over rides the exception.

Répondre