obstacles

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
Adrian Steer
Capitaine

obstacles

Message par Adrian Steer » mer. 23 août 2023 12:32

We had a situation in a recent game where a player wanted to cross a wall but was unable to fully clear the wall and would end the move straddling the wall after the reduction of 1UD is this allowed or does a unit have to be able to fully clear the obstacle?

KeefM
Sergent Major

Re: obstacles

Message par KeefM » ven. 15 sept. 2023 20:58

Hmmm, I'd always played it as units being able to be astride an obstacle; just on an assumption that the ground scale would render an obstacle invisible at the ground scale of our troop basing, thus it is more of a designated game-effect rather than anything else (ie to get the game-effects either you are behind the obstacle or not ONLY, with any other configuration being irrelevant at our game-scale).

FWIW.

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » dim. 24 sept. 2023 13:58

So following on from that if a unit is moving down either side of a hedge or continuing across a hedge is its move distance still reduced. I I think it should but am open to debate.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » dim. 24 sept. 2023 17:23

It is not actually crossing the hedge though. If nobody is climbing anything there is no real reason it should be closed down.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » dim. 24 sept. 2023 17:25

Continuing to cross I am not sure. More than one penalty for the same obstacle seems incorrect.

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » mar. 26 sept. 2023 17:44

But you would do that if you failed to clear a wood completely so not sure why obstacles should be any different it just the movement penalty is defined differently.

Adrian Steer
Capitaine

Message par Adrian Steer » mar. 26 sept. 2023 17:49

RogerGreenwood a écrit :
dim. 24 sept. 2023 17:23
It is not actually crossing the hedge though. If nobody is climbing anything there is no real reason it should be closed down.
But the unit can't have a break in the middle so some poor troops are blundering down the hedge in game terms, obviously in real life that wouldn't happen and they would flow down each side of the obstacle, however I think this would still slow the movement of the unit down as a whole. Any other thoughts on this out there?

Répondre