Questions

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
aohtonen
Chasseur

Questions

Message par aohtonen » jeu. 5 déc. 2019 15:26

Hi there

1) If an Impetuous cavalry fails to reach any target with its charge (its target fled) can it make a withdrawal movement?

2) Does charging cavalry that does not pursue become disordered at the end of combat?

3) Cavalry withdrawal. It says that the unit makes a half turn and then moves up to 8 UD towards its table edge. What happens if the charging cavalry
started behind its target? Which way will it move? to its table edge or from the way the charge started from?

4) Is a friendly unit considered an obstacle for the purposes of the retreat or flee of defeated units?

Thanks

Al Ohtonen

hcaille
Général de Division

Re: Questions

Message par hcaille » jeu. 12 déc. 2019 08:50

aohtonen a écrit :
jeu. 5 déc. 2019 15:26
1) If an Impetuous cavalry fails to reach any target with its charge (its target fled) can it make a withdrawal movement?
Impetuous cavalry always pursue so if their target flee, they pursue and are disordered.
2) Does charging cavalry that does not pursue become disordered at the end of combat?
If there was a combat, cavalry is always in disorder.
If the cavalry can stop its charge (by a maneuver test), it stay in good order and can make a withdrawal movement
3) Cavalry withdrawal. It says that the unit makes a half turn and then moves up to 8 UD towards its table edge. What happens if the charging cavalry
started behind its target? Which way will it move? to its table edge or from the way the charge started from?
The rules say "to its table edge" but sometimes it is not logical. The cavalry must go away from the ennemy in the direction the charge started from.
4) Is a friendly unit considered an obstacle for the purposes of the retreat or flee of defeated units?
A friendly unit is not an obstacle as it is possible to pass through.

aohtonen
Chasseur

Message par aohtonen » ven. 13 déc. 2019 20:23

Thanks for the response and I hate to be a pain but:

Question 1) The situation that came up was my Brit cav charged some cossacks who fled. My brits (who were Impetuous ) could not reach them and there was no other target that they could redirect there charge to so they went there full movement chasing the cossacks. Page 43 says that "If the cav has not caught the fleeing enemy or contacted another target, it is disordered and receives an action marker. It can then make a withdrawal movement"
Since my brit cav did not catch the target and could not charge another can he make a withdrawal movement? I know on page 62 It says that " A victorious Impetuous cav must always pursue and therefore cannot withdraw" but the Brit cav never got into shock combat so it could not be victorious.

Question 4) The situation for this question is that a unit in line (A) has to retreat and behind him is a single unit (B) facing a different direction. The retreat path of unit A just clips unit B and since they are facing in different directions they cannot do a passage of lines but i dont see why unit A cannot just wheel or slide a little bit to miss unit B. That was why i asked if unit B could be treated as an obstacle.

Thanks again

Al Ohtonen

hcaille
Général de Division

Message par hcaille » jeu. 19 déc. 2019 11:00

Question 1)
When the ennemy flee, the cavalry is considered victorious and so can pursue. In case of impetuous cavalry, they must pursue even if they don't catch the ennemy. Cosacks are a pain for that as they can attrarct ennemy cavalry.

Question 4)
If unit B is less than 2 UD behind unit A, then unit A force the passage into B and put it in disorder as they are not facing same direction.

Répondre