Ottoman Question

Topics about army lists and army composition
Répondre
viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Ottoman Question

Message par viperofmilan » lun. 4 janv. 2021 16:37

Ottoman national characteristics say that their infantry operate in deep order only. The only stated exemption to this are the Nizam-i-Jedid which can operate in deep or linear order. My question is this: what about the Sekhans? These are identified as type LT. I assume that this means they can break down into detached skirmishers? I would also think that they could operate in linear order as well since they "fought in open order with a screen of skirmishers" which sounds a lot like other nations' light infantry?

Any thoughts or citations anyone can provide are appreciated.

fdunadan
Capitaine

Re: Ottoman Question

Message par fdunadan » ven. 8 janv. 2021 21:10

The Sekhans can break into Sk, and I think that's the better use of them.
Otherwise, you can have them in column, but as LT, they're not disadvantaged in rough terrain.

The Sekhans were a kind of armed peasantry/private milicia/bandits that was raised by local governors, so the quality was inegal and they were more efficient in skirmishing. Contrary to the western powers, the Ottomans didn't relied upon line of infantry firing volleys with few accuracy but great volume, preferring individual precise fire with long muskets.

fdunadan
Capitaine

Re: Ottoman Question

Message par fdunadan » dim. 10 janv. 2021 10:08

Oh, and they have +1 of FT, so "the fought in open order with a screen of skirmishers" part is here.
They're also @Carabine, so 4UD for skirmisher fire.

Carlos Lopes
Brigadier

Re: Ottoman Question - Battalion cannons

Message par Carlos Lopes » dim. 21 févr. 2021 09:07

Good morning, I'm also doing an Ottoman army.
a question, is it possible to use battalion cannons at Janissaires units? they used.

Will it be possible to add this to the lists of official rules in an upcoming review?

Répondre