Supporting unit that pursues

Posez vos questions sur la règle
Répondre
gibbyj
Adjudant

Supporting unit that pursues

Message par gibbyj » lun. 27 mai 2019 13:30

Hi.
Sorry but the question is going to be in English.

We had a recent situation which I did not think felt right.
I have 2 units of French lancers on a hill side by side facing British HC with British Hussars behind.
I win the initiative and charge....Move half the distance( I also move my supporting unit).
The British respond with a counter charge including the supporting unit.
We fight the melee. The British win by 4. So I flee my 10ud. At this point my preference is to leave my supporting unit on the hill in its present position.

The British choose to pursue and move the compulsory 1UD followed by the pursuit of 6UD, The Hussars also choose to pursue.
So the question is who gets an action marker?
My contention was the Hussars who pursued should receive an action marker because they pursued.
When it came to the British activation, he claimed the supporting unit was free to make a movement and wanted to re-orientate so that he would have a rear charge in the following turn against my lancers who remained on the hill.
cheers
Jim

zeitoun
Maréchal d'Empire

Re: Supporting unit that pursues

Message par zeitoun » mar. 28 mai 2019 08:42

HI Jim,

imo , even if the British cavalery or the support got an action marker, they can move during their own activation. They can't charge or shoot but they can move. (p29)

Regarding to the rules, as it was a Moral support unit,i think that this unit don't take any action marker. (p29)

But i agree this supporting unit did a COUNTER CHARGE and a PURSUIT. :(

Olivier
Cordialement

Olivier M

gibbyj
Adjudant

Message par gibbyj » mar. 28 mai 2019 10:42

Hi
I thought maybe "l'unite effectue une reaction (cf. page 46)" meant the british cavalry received an action marker.
However I can now see that will not preclude them from movement.

Thank you for your reply.

hcaille
Général de Division

Message par hcaille » lun. 3 juin 2019 14:48

When you charge or counter charge, only the unit that effectively contact the ennemy and do the melee have an action marker.
Supporting unit do not.

This is the same for pursuit : supporting unit don't have an action marker.

Répondre