Army List Reserves

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Army List Reserves

Message par viperofmilan » mer. 25 mars 2020 19:02

I've got a new question.

On p. 67, the English RAW, we find "The number of individual units that may be placed in reserve (including the artillery reserve) depends on the commander in chief's value". So, for instance, a competent C-in-C can have 2 units in the reserve. Seems clear enough. The example included would appear to reinforce this simple formula. And indeed, the available reserves for most lists do not exceed 1 or 2 units.

My question is why some lists (i.e. Poles in Saxony, 1813 on page 205 of the English rules) provide for no less than 6 possible units to be selected for the reserve.

A. Is the intention that the player can choose only 2 of the possible 6, simply ignoring the rest?

B. Can the player choose more than 2, but must assign all but 2 to division(s)?

Kevin

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Re: Army List Reserves

Message par RogerGreenwood » jeu. 26 mars 2020 11:41

My reading is 'A'. There are some threads on here that I have read about reserves. Might be in the French section.

knightfast
Brigadier

Message par knightfast » jeu. 26 mars 2020 12:00

Hi

I believe it is "A" unless list note specifies otherwise - e.g. page 235 (english); 3rd bullet: "Reserve units may be assigned to the commander in chief or an infantry or grenadier division". Some lists do not have such a comment so French in Russia, 1812 (for example)would only be able to take 1-2 of the possible 7 reserve options which would need to be assigned to the CinC.

Note this is fully covered on page 104 (english): "Reserve units, if selected, must be assigned to the commander in chief unless otherwise specified in the notes."

Rgds
H

viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Message par viperofmilan » jeu. 26 mars 2020 14:04

That's what I thought too. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks.

Hazelbark
Adjudant

Message par Hazelbark » jeu. 26 mars 2020 17:34

I think A.

I would also point out the importance to people of the CiC's ability to yank one unit from a division and place it in reserve (not exceeding limits) because this allows say a cavalry force to be employed in different locations.

knightfast
Brigadier

Message par knightfast » ven. 27 mars 2020 07:18

Also note - from the french side of the forum - that reserves may be allocated at deployment by the CinC in excess of division size; so a CinC with 2 slots spare may yank a unit from one division and allocate to another to reinforce it.

http://bataille-empire.fr/forum/phpBB3/ ... ?f=8&t=897

Répondre