Charges, moves and passage of lines

Ask a question about rules
Hazelbark
Adjudant

Re: Charges, moves and passage of lines

Message par Hazelbark » ven. 1 mai 2020 05:28

I don't see why not.
p 29 Final fire "moved may fire"

I think you need to give that battalion commander a commendation however.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » ven. 1 mai 2020 08:47

Who said it would create problems... 😁

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » ven. 1 mai 2020 09:51

This is actually not an issue with regard to the support move topic. Only those who participate in a combat get the marker.

If we return to the original question about passage of lines in a charge. Don't group move as a charge, just declare the unit as a supporter and interpenetrate as a normal move. It costs another CP but that is all.

Viking709
Sous-lieutenant

Message par Viking709 » ven. 1 mai 2020 12:42

I agree. As long as you pay the extra pip to pass thru during the charge move but would this prevent prep fire as neither unit can engage in shock or fire combat

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » jeu. 25 juin 2020 18:59

I feel I need to open an old wound here. I have been reading the rules again and can see another interpretation. I believe I was wrong in my previous statements. Does the following make sense?

The start of the rules about charging state that it is a move attempting to end in contact. It can be made by a group.

It doesn't state that every moving unit in the group must necessarily be charging. So long as the group movement rules are followed I suppose other units may move with the charging unit as a group move. Typically, a unit directly behind the chargers cannot be attempting to make contact. In this case those other units can make a passage of lines.

Répondre