Disordered Units

Ask a question about rules
Répondre
viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Disordered Units

Message par viperofmilan » ven. 14 févr. 2020 13:20

I am a bit confused about exactly how to handle disordered units.

I know they move 6 MU (for foot) and are not considered formed units. Does this mean they move like detached skirmishers (i.e. 6 MU in any direction, with free turns etc. as desired)? Does a disordered unit have a front, flanks, and rear like formed units? Can they move through or be moved through like detached skirmishers?

prussianhussaruk
Brigadier

Re: Disordered Units

Message par prussianhussaruk » ven. 14 févr. 2020 14:51

Best have a look at 'DISORDERED' on page 23 Covers all your questions.

As detached skirmishers cannot be disordered, I don't understand why you think a disordered unit would be better than when it was in a formation in good order.

Page 64 covers movement and Rallying.

Don

viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Message par viperofmilan » lun. 17 févr. 2020 11:45

Thanks, I may be missing something but I don't see where page 23 answers any of the questions I asked, I know foot moves at column speed (6 MU), but since they have no formation exactly how do they move? Do they pay for turns? Can they move 6 MU laterally? Do they have a facing since they recover from disorder assuming any formation and facing they wish?

Thanks for any elaboration.

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » lun. 17 févr. 2020 16:02

I see nothing to suggest that disordered units move like skirmishers. As far as I understand they move as their normal unit type but always at column speed.
I would regard column speed as 'normal'. Keeping a formed unit in line presumably slows it up.

I suspect that there is some language issue here. In many wargame rules 'disorder' means a formation somewhat disrupted by difficult terrain. In BE 'disorder' is a failure of morale, discipline and formation through combat where further damage is likely to lead to a unit breaking.

knightfast
Brigadier

Message par knightfast » lun. 17 févr. 2020 16:24

I'd add that there doesn't seem to be anything which removes flanks, I would suggest therefore that they maintain a facing and still have flanks and a charge to the flank/rear of such a unit would probably suffice to remove it. Which doesn't seem unreasonable.

viperofmilan
Sous-lieutenant

Message par viperofmilan » mar. 18 févr. 2020 01:04

OK, so disordered infantry moves as a column, paying all appropriate costs for turns, lateral movement, backward movement, etc.

Right?

RogerGreenwood
Chef de bataillon

Message par RogerGreenwood » mar. 18 févr. 2020 11:15

I think we are agreed.... Until someone finds a different ruling!

Répondre